Paul’s letter to Philemon
Paul offered to pay Onesimus’s debt to make peace between him and Philemon. In this way, Paul acted like Jesus, who makes peace between God and man. Jesus took the punishment we deserve for our sin. He paid our debt so that we can be forgiven and welcomed by God.
Family Discussion Points:
- How do we live while waiting for Jesus to return? We remember God’s truth, grow in godliness, and spread the gospel.
- Paul told Philemon to forgive his servant as a Christian brother.
- How did Onesimus change after he met Paul.
- Why is it sometimes hard to forgive people who have wronged us?
- How have you been forgiven? How do you feel when someone forgives you?